Wisdom Teeth in Sandy, UT
Most patients require wisdom teeth removal between the ages of 17 and 25. This is when wisdom teeth start to appear in most adults and cause problems. Although not everyone needs to have their wisdom teeth removed, most do. As a leading dentist in Salt Lake City, Dr. Thomas Dickson will usually recommend wisdom teeth removal in the following scenarios:
• If you do not have enough room for your wisdom teeth, they may become impacted or misaligned.
• If you are experiencing pain or infection in the areas surrounding your wisdom teeth, removal is the best option.
• If your wisdom teeth do not come in straight, they can cause other teeth to shift and move out of place.
• If your wisdom teeth are difficult to clean and prone to infection, removal may be the best option.
What does wisdom teeth removal involve?
Prior to the surgery, you will be given anesthesia to numb the area and reduce any pain or discomfort you might experience. If you are having all four wisdom teeth removed, Dr. Dickson will administer a general anesthesia that will make you feel as though you slept through the entire procedure.
In order to remove the wisdom teeth, Dr. Dickson will first cut open the gum tissue and remove any bone that might block access to the teeth. Then the entire tooth will be removed or cut into smaller pieces to ease the extraction process. You gums will then be stitched back together while healing takes place.
As a leading dentist in Salt Lake City, Dr. Dickson knows how to remove wisdom teeth as easily and painlessly as possible. However, there are certain factors that can affect the process. Generally, extraction is made easier if the tooth has fully erupted. However, if the tooth is impacted or has not begun to protrude, the process can become more complicated. For more information about wisdom teeth removal, contact Dr. Dickson today!
Dr. Thomas R. Dickson and Dr. Lester W. Cannon, general dentists in Midvale, Utah, treat patients from Midvale, UT; Millcreek, UT; and Sandy, UT as well as the surrounding areas. Dr. Dickson and Dr. Cannon provide advanced dental treatments including the LANAP Laser Treatment for gum disease, dental implants, All-on-4, root canals, sedation, and orthodontics. Call (801) 784-1999 to schedule your appointment or click here to request an appointment online.
– See more at: file:///Users/blumonster/Desktop/Creek%20Stone%20Dental/www.creekstonedental.com/services/wisdom-teeth.aspx.html#sthash.3hyPnMmM.dpuf